Runmeter and Walkmeter (version 10.2) are now available on the App Store with extensive support for the M7 coprocessor in the iPhone 5S.
Cyclemeter users: you’ll only need to spin your cranks for a couple weeks more before Elite is available for Cyclemeter. We are working on some new features just for you, and we can’t wait for you to try them out.
What’s new in 10.2:
- Your iPhone is now an all-day fitness tracker! Just keep your iPhone 5S in your pocket. No extra hardware fitness tracker required.
- Tracks your steps all day long and charts them for you. Launch our app to see an update of your steps by day, week, month, and year using More > Pedometer. Includes a bar chart stacked by workout steps and overall steps.
- Records your step cadence during your workout, and displays them in app and online. See the step cadence average and max, as well as step cadence graphed over the workout. Check out this workout.
- Hear spoken alerts for when your step cadence is outside of a target you set. For example, you can set your step cadence target to be between 150 and 180 steps per minute. Then during your workout, if your step cadence is 148 steps per minute, you will hear “Increase cadence. Cadence is 148 steps per minute.” spoken through our text-to-speech system. See More > Activities > (Any running or walking activity) > Targets.
- Now includes treadmill support for runners and walkers! We’ve added “Treadmill Run” and “Treadmill Walk” activities, which make use of the M7 to track your treadmill workouts. Our app auto-calibrates your step length from your past GPS-measured outdoor workouts, or you can manually set your step length per activity.
- Step cadence data is included in TCX file exports.
Our M7 step cadence support is for both runners and walkers. For runners, increasing step cadence can lead to a healthier running stride, as well as increased performance. For walkers, tracking daily daily steps allows your iPhone to burn more calories, and to replace a Fitbit or other tracking device.
M7 Support is available with our Elite subscription. Visit More > Elite in our app to learn more about Elite. Also, read 10.1 Runmeter With Elite.
Thanks for your support and feedback!