- If you get a “Facebook Error” alert
- If you cannot log into Facebook
- If you encounter errors when sharing a workout on Facebook
- If you cannot find a workout that was posted on Facebook
If you get a Facebook Error alert that starts with “Object at … of type “fitness.course” is invalid…, this is usually because you have turned map sharing off. Go to More > Settings > Map and turn Share Map to ON. You cannot share to Facebook without sharing a map, because the map is the open graph object that Facebook expects.
If you have trouble loggin in, the following steps have helped other customers resolve this issue:
First, try to log out from within our app:
- Go to More > Settings > Facebook.
- If the top button says “Logout”, then tap it. If not, you are already logged out.
Next, log out completely from Facebook on your iPhone:
- If you have the Facebook app installed, tap the button in the upper left corner to unveil the left list.Tap “Logout” at the bottom.
- In Safari on your iPhone, go to facebook.com to be sure you are logged out.
- In the iPhone Settings app, scroll down to the Facebook row and tap it. If you are logged in, you will see your name below settings. Tap that, and then tap Delete Account. This should log you out of Facebook on your iPhone.
Then, reboot your iPhone:
- Press the top lock switch for a few seconds, then swipe. After your iPhone has completely shut down, press the top lock switch again to restart.
Now, log into Facebook using the iOS Settings app: (iOS 6 or later.)
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Facebook, and enter your email address and password.
- Tap Sign In.
Try to log in again from within our app:
- Go to More > Settings > Facebook.
- Tap “Log into Facebook” and log in again.
If this does not work for you, then take these additional steps.
Remove our app from Facebook on your computer:
- On your computer, go to the following page:
- Click on our app.
- Click “Remove App” and confirm. (Do not check the box that will delete our app’s activity on Facebook.)
Try once again to log in again from within our app:
- Go to More > Facebook.
- Tap on Log into Facebook.
Some of our customers have reported encountering errors when sharing a workout on Facebook. You might see com.facebook.sdk error 5. or com.facebook.sdk error 2.. Facebook tends to cache (retain) these errors, and no amount of new posting to that same workout will allow the post to go through.
If you do encounter this error, but still would like to post your workout on Facebook, do the following:
- Tap the History tab, then tap through to the Info page for your workout.
- Tap Edit
- Tap “started”.
- Slightly change the time the workout started. Adding a minute will be enough.
- Tap Done
- Farther down on the page, tap the Share command and reshare the workout to Facebook.
Because you slightly changed the time of the workout, our app will create a completely new Open Graph object for your workout, which bypasses the Facebook error.
First, go to your Timeline, and then tap the “Activity Log”. Next to the workout, click the icon on the right, and make sure the “Shown on Timeline” is checked. If it is only “Allowed on Timeline”, then Facebook may decide not to show it based on other content on your Timeline.
Also, in your Timeline, Facebook posts your activities grouped together. You might not be able to find your most recent workout, because Facebook groups all of your month’s activities with the first activity of the month. Be sure to look farther down your timeline.
In your Newsfeed, Facebook typically does not show YOUR activities. But if you ask a friend to view their Newsfeed, they should see your activity in their newsfeed.
To double check your Facebook settings, go to the following link:
Please be sure that the “Post on your behalf”, and “Access posts in your news feed” are both enabled for our app.